Meet Naiima Farah
Naiima Farah is running for City Councillor in Etobicoke North (Ward 1) to create a safe, just, equitable, and inclusive Toronto where everyone, young and old can thrive.
About Farah’s Education
Naiima Farah holds three university degrees. She has a:
- Bachelor of International Development Studies (York University),
- Bachelors of Social Work (Lakehead University), and
- Masters of Social Work (York University).
Naiima also holds several certificates. She has a Walls to Bridges Facilitator Training certificate from Walls to Bridges (Wilfred Laurier University), a certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASSIST), a certificate in Trauma-Informed Care and Services (Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture), and a Certificate of Appreciation for Volunteerism (Government of Ontario).
Naiima Farah has interned with the City of Toronto at the Toronto Public Health’s Toronto Drug Strategy Secretariat and the Social Finance Development & Administration division.
Naiima Farah’s Career
Naiima Farah has been involved in community and grassroots work for over a decade. She is a Community Worker, Counsellor, and a Human Rights Advocate. She has worked as a close advisor in both the non-profit and private sectors.
Running as a City Councillor Candidate
- The time for a meaningful change in Etobicoke North (Ward 1) is long overdue. This young and vibrant community requires a courageous leader and a strong voice that will amplify the community’s voice, including that of the working class.
- The leader needs to unify community organizations and champion sustainable development aimed at leaving no one behind.
- That leader is none other than Naiima Farah.
- The median age of Etobicoke North is 35 years of age.